Waking Up in The City That Never Sleeps

New York City 2018

Jordan Jaggard, Editor-in-Chief

Most of us are probably dragging ourselves out of bed right about now from our adventure last week, finishing our last few days of the semester.

Last week, eight art students from Kellis took an art appreciation trip to New York City for the big lights and the concrete jungle. The trip was four days of jammed packed, non-stop fun including famous museums and monuments.

Both the Museum of Modern Art and the Metropolitan Museum of Art were as glamorous and stunning as one would imagine, but the Whitney was the museum in particular that stood out as the best. Inside the Whitney is a five floor Andy Warhol exhibit. This exhibit features over one hundred of Warhol’s most famous pieces, showing us just the tip of the iceberg of his talent.

The food on the trip was also to die for, whether it was pasta from Buca Di Beppo, or the star-studded Ellen’s Stardust Diner, where you get a show and food. The best of all was some local pizza – almost everywhere we stopped. The love is in the food, and we could taste it and the hard work of deep-rooted New Yorkers (say that with an east coast accent, it makes it ten times better) was obvious.

The shows were as spectacular as expected. We saw the Rockettes in their Christmas Show Spectacular as well as the Broadway phenomenon, Kinky Boots. Both were fantastic and even students who were not exactly into theatre culture thoroughly enjoyed the shows.

With lots of shopping, and iconic sights, such as Lady Liberty herself, as well as Times Square, the NYC art trip is for any and everyone.