Paw Press

Looking For an Easy Way to Make a Difference?

Join Key Club!

Nevaeh Williams, Arts and Life Reporter

Key Club is an activist group that comes together in order to aid and put funds towards both the Kellis community and surrounding Phoenix areas. Some examples of said community service includes working in a soup kitchen, or perhaps at a local hospital—regardless of the current project at hand, the club’s main goal is to leave a positive impact on its respective community and all who partake in it.

The club usually gets together once a week or every other week, with meetings typically lasting about an hour. Their most recent project is an LLS campaign in which club members use various methods to raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (some of which involve selling a variety of merchandise and or more hands-on activities, like a car-wash).

When asked about her favorite memory or aspect of Key Club, Angela Yacoub—a senior and diligent participant of the club’s many projects—said, “This has been my first full year in Key Club, but it’s been a great experience for me. My favorite memory has definitely got to be all of us gathering together to count money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. Seeing the lengths everyone has been willing to go to in order to help complete strangers is just really inspiring, y’know?”

The club is always open to funding—especially regarding their most recent project—and encourages everyone to donate whatever and whenever they can, according to Yacoub. “It doesn’t matter if it’s one dollar or a hundred; every little bit counts…”

Yacoub went on to finish her statement with the following, “Key Club really is an amazing club to join and the only regret I have is not joining sooner. It’s a great way to meet new people and just really make a difference in our community, big or small.”

About the Writer
Nevaeh Williams, Arts and Life Reporter

What most interests me about reporting is the opportunity to meet and bond with other people—and be overall more involved in the community. Outside...